Prag Mahal: This awesome palace was built in the 19th century, located in Bhuj, Gujarat. Prag Mahal got its name from Pragmalji II, who commissioned Bhuj and he started the construction of Prag Mahal in 1865. It was designed in an Italian Gothic style and designed by Henry Saint Clair Wilkins.
Even many Italian designers were also involved during the construction of this awesome monument. It cost approximate 3.1 million to build this incredible mausoleum. Parag Mahal was built with Italian marbles and sandstone which was ordered from Rajasthan.
It is a 45 feet high building at the top there is a clock tower. From the top of this palace, the view of the entire Bhuj city can be seen. Inside the Palace, there was a temple established also in the courtyard.
Prag Mahal Bhuj Timings
|Opening Days||Opening Timing|
|Monday||9.30 am to 12.15 pm – 3.00 pm to 5.45 pm|
|Tuesday||9.30 am to 12.15 pm – 3.00 pm to 5.45 pm|
|Wednesday||9.30 am to 12.15 pm – 3.00 pm to 5.45 pm|
|Thursday||9.30 am to 12.15 pm – 3.00 pm to 5.45 pm|
|Friday||9.30 am to 12.15 pm – 3.00 pm to 5.45 pm|
|Saturday||9.30 am to 12.15 pm – 3.00 pm to 5.45 pm|
|Sunday||9.30 am to 12.15 pm – 3.00 pm to 5.45 pm|
Prag Mahal Entry Fees
- For Adult Rs. 20/-
- For Children Rs. 10/-
- For School Group Rs.5/-
- For College Group Rs. 10/-
- Photography Fee (Per Camera) Rs. 50/-
- Videography Fee (Per Camera) Rs. 200/-
- Parking Fee Rs. 20/-
How to Reach
- By Airways: – Bhuj airport is the nearest airport as it is just 4 kilometres away from it.
- By railways: – Bhuj railway station is the nearest one as it is just 2.5 kilometres away from it.
- Bus: – Bhuj City bus stand is the nearest one as it is approximate 2 kilometres away from it.
Top 10 nearest Places to Explore around Prag Mahal
- Aina Mahal
- Maharao Madansinhji Museum
- Hall of Mirrors
- Shree Swaminarayan Mandir
- Maa Ashupura Mandir
- Manmohan Narayan Mandir
- Shri Hatkeshwara Ambika Temple
- Kalika Temple
- Kutch Desert Wildlife Sanctuary
- Mandi Beach
- Koteshwar Temple
Some Interesting Facts about Prag Mahal
- It took approximate 3.1 million to construct this incredible palace.
- The workers had been paid in gold coins, which was the currency at that time.
- Bollywood’s famous film star Amitabh Bachchan contributed to the restoration of Prag Mahal.
- In 2001, the earthquake affected that place.
- In 2006, thieves steal many ancient antiques whose price was in a million.
Prag Mahal is one of the best places to visit as it is a major tourist attraction of Bhuj in Gujarat. Awesome, Incredible and beautiful place located just in front of Aina Mahal. It is a part of ancient history which consist of durbar hall, clock tower, ancient coins, museums and many more.
The place is full of history which gave new information about ancient times. Many films have been shot there like Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Lagaan and many Gujarati movies.
Also, Read This